Finished with oregano & Parmesan
“This is great served alongside a couple of other small plates for people to dip into. ”
Cooks In 50 minutes plus chilling
Difficulty : Not too tricky
- 400 ml organic vegetable stock
- 150 g quick-cook polenta , plus 2 tablespoons for dusting
- 40 g Parmesan cheese , plus extra to serve
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- olive oil
- PESTO DIP
- 50 g pine nuts
- ½ a clove of garlic
- 50 g Parmesan cheese
- 1 bunch of fresh basil
- extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- Bring the stock to the boil and slowly whisk in the polenta, stirring constantly. Add a pinch of sea salt and, after a few minutes, once thickened, finely grate in the Parmesan and stir in the oregano.
- Pour into a greased and lined 20cm square tin and pop in the fridge to chill and firm up, about 1 hour.
- For the dip, toast the pine nuts in a dry pan, then tip into a food processor. Crush in the garlic and grate in the Parmesan, measure in 60ml of extra virgin olive oil, then add the rest of the ingredients and pulse until combined but still coarse. Season to taste, and scrape into a serving bowl.