5 ounces lean lamb or 6 ounces chicken breast
1 teaspoon ground cumin
¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 medium tomato
1 small cucumber
¼ cup cooked chickpeas
½ ounce walnuts
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 tablespoon chopped parsley
* Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F
* Season the lamb or chicken with salt and the spices, place in aroasting pan,
and roast for 20 minutes. (You can also grill it if you prefer.)
* Remove from the oven and slice the meat.
* While the lamb is roasting, cut the tomatoes and cucumber however you like.
* Place in a salad bowl and add the chickpeas and walnuts
Yoss with the olive oil and parsley. Place the sliced meat on topof the salad.
490 calories, 38 gr. protein, 19 gr. carbs (5 gr. fiber), 28 gr. fat
* The calories and fat will vary tremendously, depending on whether you use
lamb or chicken. Different cuts of lamb will also vary quite a bit.
These numbers are an average of the range between chicken breast
( which has very little fat after you remove the skin ) and a lean cut of lamb.
If you make it heartier, with a bigger piece of lamb or chicken, the range will
be even greater.
* To turn it into a fuel meal, add another halve cup of chickpeas.
That gives you 142 more calories, with 8 gr. of protein, 23 gr. of carbs
(including 7 gr. of fiber ) and 2 grams of fat.