3. Cut the pepper in half, scoop out all of the seeds and white pith with a teaspoon, then cut into 2.5cm chunks and add to the bowl.
4. Cut the halloumi into 2.5cm chunks and add to the bowl.
5. Holding the courgette flat on a chopping board, use a Y-shaped peeler to peel off long thin ribbons of courgette, then place into the bowl.
6. Cut the mushrooms in half or into quarters, depending on the size, then add to the bowl.
7. Peel the onions and cut into thin wedges and place in the bowl.
8. Carefully slice the chilli in half lengthways (if using).
9. Hold the stalk end of each half steady, then run a teaspoon down the cut sides to scoop out the seeds and white pith.
10. Finely chop and sprinkle into the bowl, then wash your hands thoroughly.
11. Using a microplane, finely grate the lemon onto a board, then scatter into the bowl.
12. Drizzle over 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil.
13. Pick the rosemary leaves, discarding the stalks, then finely chop and sprinkle into the bowl.
14. Add the cherry tomatoes to the bowl.
15. Using your hands, toss and mix everything together – you can leave to marinade in the fridge at this stage for added flavour.
16. Remove the skewers from the tray, discard the water and wipe the tray dry.
17. Divide and thread the ingredients between your skewers – pick whichever ingredients you want, just don’t push them too close together otherwise they won’t cook properly.
18. Place each one onto the tray.
19. Put the griddle pan on a high heat to warm up (or you could cook them under the grill or on the barbecue).
20. Place the skewers onto the griddle pan and cook for around 8 minutes or until cooked through, turning every 2 minutes to get nice and golden on all sides – you may need to do this in batches.
21. Once cooked, transfer the kebabs to a serving platter and serve with a fresh zingy salad and some rice or flatbreads.
Jamie’s top tip:“The wooden skewers need to be able to fit into your griddle pan, so trim them to the right size before you start, if needed. These kebabs work brilliantly cooked on a barbecue, too.”
Nutritional Information Amount per serving:
- Calories 87.8 4%
- Carbs 5.3g 2%
- Sugar 2.8g 3%
- Fat 5.7g 8%
- Saturates 2.7g 14%
- Protein 4.4g 10%
Of an adult’s reference intake
Read more at http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/vegetables-recipes/chargrilled-veg-kebabs/#8XjVqqIUyYQT34Gz.99