“This beautiful, punchy, authentic pasta recipe can be rustled up in no time. ”
Cooks In 15 minutes
Difficulty : Super easy
Nutrition per serving
Calories 457 23%
Fat 10g 14%
Saturates 1.3g 7%
Protein 15.7g 35%
Carbs 74.7g 29%
Sugars 1.4g 2%
Of an adult’s reference intake
- 400 g dried spaghetti
- olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves , peeled and finely sliced
- 3 anchovy fillets , chopped
- 2 fresh red chili , sliced (seeds in)
- a small handful of black olives , destoned
- 2 handfuls very ripe cherry tomatoes , halved
- a small bunch of fresh basil , leaves picked
- Parmesan cheese , to serve
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil, then add the spaghetti and cook according to packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, place a large frying pan over a medium–high heat. Add a good lug of olive oil, followed by the garlic, anchovy and chilli. Tear in the olives and stir for 2 minutes, or until the garlic starts to turn golden and the anchovies melt into the base. Add the cherry tomatoes, a good splash of pasta water and cover with a lid. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes, or until the cherry tomatoes start to cook down slightly.
- Drain the pasta, reserving a cupful of cooking water. Add the basil to the sauce along with the pasta and a splash of the reserved cooking water, to loosen. Have a taste and season if needed. Transfer to a serving platter and top with a good shaving of fresh Parmesan.