- 4 thick pieces cod fillets , from sustainable sources, ask your fishmonger, about 120g each
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 8 thin slices higher-welfare pancetta
- 2 lemons , halved
- 500 g potatoes , peeled and quartered
- 300 g frozen garden peas , cooked and drained
- 1 small knob butter
- 1 splash milk
- ½ red chilli , deseeded and finely diced, optional
- 1 small bunch fresh mint
- 2 bunches rocket
- 1 splash extra virgin olive oil
Method:Quick, healthy, and special enough for a dinner party!
Pre-heat your oven to 200ºC/400ºF/gas 6. Season the cod with salt and pepper, place on an oiled baking tray and lay two slices of pancetta over the top of each fillet.
Place the four lemon halves, cut side down, on the tray next to the fish. Roast in the preheated oven for 10–15 minutes.
Cook the potatoes until soft in boiling salted water. Meanwhile, blitz the peas in a food processor (or mash up with a fork if you don’t have one).
Drain the potatoes and mash with butter, hot milk, salt and pepper, whizzed-up peas and the red chilli if you’re using it. Toss the mint and rocket together in a mixing bowl and dress with olive oil.
Serve each piece of cod on a dollop of pea and potato mash, with a little salad on the side.