Tomato & spinach salad, chipotle dressing
- CHIPOTLE DRESSING
- 2 teaspoons chipotle Tabasco sauce
- 2 limes
- TOMATO SALAD
- 4 spring onions
- 1 bunch of fresh coriander
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 5 large mixed-color tomatoes
- 50 g baby spinach
- 6 large free-range eggs
- olive oil
- 20 g Parmesan cheese
- Measure the Tabasco into a jam jar, then squeeze in the juice of 1 lime and add a good pinch of black pepper.
- Put the lid securely on the jar and shake well. Cut the remaining lime into wedges, and put aside.
- On a chopping board, trim and finely slice the spring onions, and pick and roughly chop the coriander leaves, then scrape into a large bowl, reserving a little coriander for later.
- Add the red wine vinegar and a pinch of sea salt, then mix together well.
- Roughly chop the tomatoes and spinach then add to the bowl and mix again.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl or jug, add a splash of water, season lightly with salt and pepper, then whisk with a fork until well combined.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a 26cm non-stick frying pan over a medium heat, pour a quarter of the egg into the frying pan, swirling and tilting so that it covers the whole base of the pan.
- Cook for 1 to 2 minutes, or until the omelette is just set – when the omelette is nearly ready, finely grate and scatter over a quarter of the cheese.
- Slide the omelette onto a serving plate, spoon a quarter of the salad down the middle, then roll it up.
- Spoon over some of the chipotle dressing and garnish with the reserved coriander leaves, then serve immediately with lime wedges for squeezing over. Repeat with the remaining mixture, serving as and when ready.
Let’s build a healthier, happier world through the joy of food! Join the Food Revolution for the latest on sustainable food, farming and cooking projects across the globe. Join our Food Revolution!